WRITING: VERSE AND STORIES
Avi Abrams
C O N D E N S E Dblank M I N DblankC H R O N I C L E S


Sunday, October 30, 2005

Valentine Poem

composed on a Valentine Day:

The Cave Of In-Being
==========================
a poem by Avi Abrams


The smooth, vibrant flow of stalagmites,
piercing my life with
measured, unrelenting intrusion;

the pool of half-forgotten blunders,
shimmering and lurking -
unapproached in ages,
in the secret middle place
of the cave, where I spend my being;

the shattered openings in a roof
- alluring with the brightest flashes -
and threatening to collapse
upon me...

...unexpected,
she enters.

Never did I invite anyone inside,
silence was my expression;
did I invent even her presence?
(my self is a culprit in a most
multitude of situations)

she approaches.
she whispers / cave replies with righteous
thunder, resonates with big, logical,
entirely scientific waves.

(and yet I know, she is a miracle.
'cause there is no entryway to my cave)

She admires the smooth flow of stalactites
and takes a dip in my pool...
she is unafraid.

Perhaps I should go forward and meet her,
because she is present in my future,
in my life in the glorious future - she is inside there already.
And nothing matters any more.

...the shape of the heart is the indented circle,
the bland, smooth ideal
violated
by the persistent influence
of
love.

@ February, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home